Hiking trip in the High Atlas Mountain
What You’ll Do
- Travel to Imlil and explore the Atlas Mountains
- Go on a 3-hour guided walk through the area
- Pass Berber villages, including the hamlets of Ait Souka, Targa, and Imoula
- See hamlets of ait souka, Targa, and Imoula, up and down the stark slopes
- Take in views of ancient irrigated terraced fields and trees
- Eat a local lunch with a family from a village
Travel outside of Marrakech and into the Atlas Mountains on a private day excursion to Imlil. Enjoy a 3-hour guided walk through the countryside and between the secluded Berber villages. Then sit down for a traditional lunch with a local Berber family.
What to Expect
Spend the day in Imlil, a village in the Atlas Mountains, on a private, full-day tour from Marrakech. Departing in the morning around 9:00, drive for 1.5 hours up the Moulay Brahim Gorges, arriving at a main trailhead with streams and paths branching out in all directions
From here, leave the vehicle to head into the village. You will stop for a welcome glass of mint tea before continuing with a 2.5-mile (4 kilometer) excursion. Travel to the Berber village of Aroumd, passing the hamlets of Ait Souka, Targa, and Imoula.
Stop off in Aroumd and marvel at the view of ancient irrigated terraced fields of barley, corn, and vegetables, surrounded by almond and walnut trees. Continue for another 30 minutes to arrive at the home of a Berber family in Achan. Enjoy lunch with the family, then begin your return trip down the other side of the valley.
- Transportation between Marrakech and Imlil
- Mountain guide (speaks English, French, and Spanish)
- Mule ride
What’s Not Included